The Ketchikan Public Library (KPL) has a bulletin board available for the purpose of promoting
the library’s mission:
The purpose of the Ketchikan Public Library is to provide informational, educational, and recreational materials and services for the people of the City of Ketchikan and the Ketchikan Gateway Borough. This is accomplished through development, maintenance, and promotion of materials, physical spaces, and programs responsive to the diverse interest and needs of our community.
Policies and procedures governing the use of the space are needed to make the space available in a manner which is equitable and does not interfere with the fulfillment of the library’s mission.
A portion of the bulletin board in the lobby is reserved for items of general community interest. This space is intended primarily for notices of upcoming meetings and events that are open to the public. All items for the bulletin board should be left with library staff at the circulation desk.
Only items meeting the following guidelines will be posted. Any unauthorized items found on
the bulletin board will be removed and discarded.
- Priority for bulletin board space is given to notices of specific upcoming events. These notices will be removed after two weeks or until the date of the event. Flyers or posters are to be no larger than 11″ X 17″. Larger items will be posted only if space is readily available.
- Information about services and events that are available on a continuing basis may be posted if space permits. These notices will be dated when posted and removed after a maximum of three weeks.
- Commercial notices will not be accepted. This includes items for sale, services for sale and job postings.
- No partisan political notices will be accepted for the bulletin board.
- The library does not advocate or endorse the viewpoints, beliefs, or activities of any organization or event that is publicized on the library bulletin board.